Materials Testing Systems
Elkem offers wire testing services to ensure conformance to customer specified plate thickness, adhesion, tensile, elongation and break strength specifications and tolerances. All of the bare wire sourced by Elkem goes through a rigorous incoming inspection procedure in which all physical and chemical characteristics are tested and verified with supplier certifications.
We also offer testing services for materials that were supplied by third parties. Below, please reference our equipment lineup. Contact us for testing services pricing.
Instron Model 3344 Single-Column Testing System
- 100:1 force range (load cell to 1.0% of capacity with no loss of accuracy)
- 450 lbf capacity
- Load accuracy of 0.5% of indicated load
- Full software control
- Automatic transducer recognition
- Pneumatic side action grips for repeatability
- Full CE compliance
Kocour 6000 - Coulometric Thickness Tester
- Accuracy, 98% +
- ASTM Specifications: B298 | B355 | B504
- Evaluation of Inter-metallic Layers
- Base material, shape, surface roughness, electrical or magnetic properties do not affect results. Measure anything from 0.002 mil (0,05 microns) to 2 mils (50 microns).
- Speed: 30-60 Seconds per test.
4K Optical Inspection System
- Macro Video Lens and 4K Camera/Video
- Ability to capture images of raw materials and plating tests
- Adhesion and solderability verification
- Side-by-side comparison of materials
Elkem works closely with many materials testing laboratories. If the testing requirements are outside the range of our capabilities, our pre-qualified laboratory partners can provide the specific testing procedures required by your specification.